Monday, January 21, 2013

Fantasyland Expansion

Well, I guess since we have DLand Day coming up I better start posting fun stuff again. As some of you know, their is a building called "Blue Sky Cellar" (not to be confused with Blue Sky Studios, where I work) where new attractions and expansions are displayed. It's an awesome place to visit and it's kinda hidden in California Adventure. I suggest you check out the exhibit if you get a chance.



Anyways, they just reopened and the primary focus is on the new Fantasyland expansion. This addition to the side of Sleeping Beauty's castle will mainly be princess themed. Though I'm not into Princesses or meet-and-greets I do think this new area will be pretty and it will help alleviate some crowds from other crowded areas.

Also, looks like there will finally be a new show back in the theater by ToonTown. It'll be called Mickey and the Magical Map.


I'm just glad that the space will be used for a show again. It's kinda cool to have another attraction revolve around the most iconic Disney character. I LOVE Fantasmic and with all of today's modern technologies I could see this show being quite stunning.

The Fantasyland expansion opens this spring (maybe in time for DLand Day?!?) and Mickey's new show premiers this summer.

To see more pictures from the Blue Sky Cellar displays click here

No comments:

Post a Comment