Friday, February 18, 2011

Grim Grinning Voice!!



There are so many fun facts about the Haunted Mansion!!! I'll make sure and share more with you in future Mouse Hunt questions and especially at Disneyland Day.

THURL RAVENCROFT- Thurl is the lead singer of the iconic Haunted Mansion song "Grim Grinning Ghosts" and he can be easily identified in the ride because his bust is the one that has broken and fallen over. All of the quintets actual faces and voices are featured on the busts in the ride (pictured above). He also contributed in a lot of other ways to the Disneyland Park. Including providing the voice for Fritz in the Tiki Room, he is the narrator of the Disneyland Train. He sings in Pirates of the Caribbean and Small World as well. Outside of Disneyland he was the voice of Tony the Tiger. So you have heard that busted bust in a lot of places, just wanted to share that with you all.

1 comment:

  1. Those are some great factoids. What the head of the oversight failed to tell you (it must have been an oversight) is how the bust got busted. Well believe it or not here are the other facts about the busted bust: One day as I, Zapperman was flying over the park (back when they had the tram) I spotted two lost children. Being the super hero I am I quckly waited for the tram to stop and zoomed over to these 2 helpless children. They told me that their parents went on the haunted mansion without them and they had gotten lost. I quickly put on my Zapperman thinking cap (it's actually a hat) and decided to take them on the ride, despite the fact that I am scared to death of that ride. As the elevator got to the bottom some old guy screamed and scared me, err I mean the kids out of our/their wits. We got on the blue eggs and just as we got to the busts (who were all in one piece at the time) who do I spot but Miss Nemisis trying to knock turtle woman out of the tree. I sent one Zap in the direction of the Miss and she ducked and I hit a casket. The casket came open and who should appear but scarey burger king guy (aka Comeback King), who freaks me out in those commercials. He scraed me more then both the Miss and the ride so I took one last shot from the ZAPPER GUN. The shot bounced off the kings crown and hit the bust and busted it. I got busted and got kicked of the ride. It was well worth it cause the kids loved it and I got off the ride before it ended and that spooky ball talks to you (is she weird or what?). That's my story and I am sticking too it. Facts smacks, that's what happened. As I left the park I was presented with the golden ticket of non-return (Zapperman has not been bak since - oh well their loss).

    Zapperman Fax exspurt

    ReplyDelete